Here’s a new recurring feature from Room Fu Decorologist, Claire Patrick! Each month, Claire will be giving us a wrap-up of her favorite posts from other blogs. I’m superpumped about her first list below, so I’m already looking forward to her next one.
1. We’ll start with our neighbors, Heather and Mike, of Brady Bunch Remodel. These spunky Austinites are at it again – moving, that is! But before their big move, they decided to remind us of their current (now sold) home’s COMPLETE transformation. Such gorgeous photos, all in one place! Long-time readers of Fu For Thought will definitely want to see how Heather & Mike’s front patio turned out after they won a makeover plan from the Making It Lovely blog, since we were rooting so hard for them to win it last year.
2. Our farther-away-neighbors-to-the-south (San Antonio, TX), Your Modern Couple, compiled a list of the best thrift stores in San Antonio. We’re going to have to make an official Room Fu field trip to follow the guide…it’s so good!
3. You may have seen similar DIY pins while flipping through Pinterest, but Pam from Simple Details has an excellent tutorial on how to upholster a box spring – a great idea for a modern room where you might want to avoid a bedskirt.
4. Kate of Centsational Girl tackled the age-old topic of designing around a television in her roundup of 9 Ways to Design Around a TV. Definitely a must-read.
5. For those of you who have wondered about Spoonflower, the wonderful company that prints your very own fabric designs, Kristen from Sophia’s Décor gave us a photo-laden tour of the facility! She detailed the printing process too – totally satiated my curiosity!
6. Joni Lay (of Lay Baby Lay) wrote her Style Spotter post for Better Homes and Gardens this month on a shared baby/toddler room for a sister/brother combo. While this situation could be tricky, she tackled it with ease and beauty (as she always does).
7. And finally, we found out about a new Paul Frank line of pet products by 26 Bars & a Band via Pretty Fluffy. Fido’s gotta’ have style too!
Hi ladies! Thank you so much for the shout out, I’m honored!! We are excited about our next house and will definitely be posting about it soon! It’s not a “looker” though, I think the before and afters will be pretty dramatic!
What a fun surprise, thanks so much for sharing my tutorial – the best part, it’s super easy!!