A big thank you to Room Fu Decorologist Claire Patrick, for another monthly blog roundup! Claire has gathered her favorite posts from other interior design and decorating blogs:
1. Just for fun, let’s keep the tradition of starting this list of favorites with a blog that’s close to home – with Lindsay over at Makely School for Girls. She’s an Austin DIY blogger who shares not only our fine city but also Room Fu’s love of color. This month she posted before and after pics of her newly completed kids’ playroom. Get ready to oogle this goodness!
2. The next spot on our list goes to Ashley of Sugar & Cloth, who did a guest post over at Poppytalk Handmade. She was kind enough to teach us how to use everyday objects for totally unintended purposes – pipe fittings and ketchup for planting succulents? You’ve just gotta see it to believe.
3. Speaking of succulents, for those of you who have black thumbs like myself, take a gander at these faux babies who look insanely real – all because Kristen of KFD Designs decided to plant them in dirt! I’m gonna copycat the heck out of that one.
4. Apparently I dug a lot of plant-related blogs this month – maybe my thumb IS greening up. Just in time for winter. Here’s a round-up from HGTV’s Emily Henderson (Secrets of a Stylist, Design Star) of some of her favorite planters on the market right now.
5. Now we’ll head on over to a blog post from a new boutique specializing in artisan-crafted, handmade furniture, art, and accessories here in Austin: Mockingbird Domestics. (Check out our post about them a few weeks back.) They interviewed Guild members Tyson and Gable of Petrified Design, who produce beautiful heirloom-quality furnishings. These two love what they do and it shows in the details of their work:
6. Speaking of furniture and meticulous details, check out this awesome Lego-topped table over on Ikea Hackers, created by Netherlander Joost Bakker (more details on his own blog). His patience paid off – this is a super unique piece!
7. What, no pumpkins in this roundup? You might be like me – a Halloween Humbug (once you’re too old to go begging for candy it’s just no fun, amiright?), and need a vacay from all of the orange and black that abound in the blogosphere this time of year. Don’t fret – CasaSugar rounded up some fun, funky Bohemian boutique hotels all over the U.S. so we can escape! I might have to mosey on down the street to the Austin hotel featured – Hotel Saint Cecilia – and book a room til’ the ghouls go away.
That lego table is SO COOL!!