**Please see “Covid-19” above, for the ways we’re currently conducting business while this is a concern. The following applies to the “good old days,” which we look forward to returning to in the distant future, but it does give you some idea of the general process of things. While we’re working remotely, please note that time estimates will be affected by factors beyond our control.
We’ll start with an initial consultation. During this first meeting (avg. 1.5 hrs), we’ll ask you a number of questions about your project, such as:
- What is your budget?
- What are your style and color preferences?
- What is staying in the room? What are you dying to change?
- How do you want the space to feel when we’re done?
- Do you need help selecting surface materials and/or furnishings and accessories, or would you like to just get our advice on style/color/retailers so you can shop on your own?
- Do you want to do home improvement projects yourself or will you require service professionals?
- Would you like us to oversee and/or coordinate contractors throughout the home improvement process?
- Do we need to keep children and/or pets in mind when designing the space?
During this first meeting, we will share creative ideas and make recommendations for next steps. We can also provide an estimate of hours for your project during this consultation. If we’re creating a design plan for you, we’ll begin your project by creating a space plan for your room(s). This is a basic layout of the furniture arrangement, which gives you an idea of the pieces and dimensions we would look for. Once that is approved, we’ll move on to making specific product recommendations and creating a design vision for your space. Many times this information is sent to you in an email with photos and web links, or you can take the information from the space plan and shop on your own with the confidence of knowing exactly what you’re looking for.